The NAEOP Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) is a yearlong leadership development program that is designed to inspire and cultivate strong leadership within NAEOP and its participating State Associations. The program is designed to combine professional development, networking opportunities, and hands-on experiences to ensure successful continuation of NAEOP. Every year, two ELI participants will be selected from participating NAEOP states.
By the end of the current cohort year, each ELI participant will:
- Understand the structures and histories of COE, NAEOP, and TRiO State Associations.
- Have a broader understanding of the history of TRiO and the programs under the TRiO umbrella.
- Meet and collaborate with leaders within the NAEOP community, particularly members of the NAEOP Board of Directors.
- Have a concrete “Board Buddy” project and a development plan that will be worked on during the year in as an ELI participant.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of one’s own leadership style and how to effectively use it to work with others.