Apply now for the opportunity to represent current TRIO participants and alumni in Washington, D.C. next March. Selected participants will advocate for continued funding for TRIO programs by sharing their TRIO story with members of Congress. Participants will also have the opportunity to be leaders in alumni engagement and advocacy efforts following the event.
- TRIO Alumni Leadership Forum – March 22, 2020 (Optional, but strongly encouraged to attend)
- Policy Seminar – March 23-25, 2020 (Policy Seminar begins the evening of March 23 and ends the evening of March 25, with gathering to follow)
Alumni who are selected to attend will have their round trip airfare, hotel, registration, and per diem meal expenses covered by their state’s TRIO association, unless other arrangements are made with the association.
The applicant must:
- be a college graduate and past participant of a TRIO program(s) in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and/or Washington.
- be available to attend the Policy Seminar event in its entirety (including travel, March 23-25, 2020).
Please note that preference will be given to applicants who reside and are employed in one of these four states, and who do not currently work for a TRIO program.
Application is available online. Apply
Please note that as part of the application process, the applicant will be required to submit the following:
- A statement on how participation in a TRIO program(s) has impacted the applicant’s educational and professional achievement
- An explanation on why the applicant would like to attend this year’s COE Policy Seminar
Completed applications must be received electronically by December 30, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed by the corresponding state TRIO association(s). Additional information may be requested from applicants to aid in the selection process.
Please contact your state’s TRIO association president: