Apply Now: Pearl M. Hill online application
Deadline: May 31, 2017
Award: Two (2) $1000.00 scholarships will be awarded to Upward Bound (current or former) students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, civic engagement, and commitment to higher education.
- Must be a current or former Upward Bound project participant (minimum of 2 years) from Region X (AK, ID, OR, and WA)
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a program of post-secondary education by fall 2018
- Exhibit those qualities which indicate outstanding leadership ability, civic involvement, and commitment to higher education
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above from the most recent school attended
Required Application Materials:
- Personal statement (not to exceed two pages) addressing the following: Upward Bound participation, career and education goals, evidence of leadership skills, and financial need
- List of activities demonstrating outstanding leadership in civic engagement, school activities and commitment to higher education. (i.e., community service, volunteering, clubs, organizations)
- Academic Transcripts (high school and college)
- Two letters of recommendation addressing candidate's leadership ability. One from TRIO nominator and other from a teacher, advisor, or community person that is knowledgeable of candidate's leadership/academic skills
- Optional: Other letters of support, certificates/awards, news items, etc...
- ALL applications or nominations must be submitted online using the following link: Pearl M. Hill online application
- Incomplete applications will not be considered; all fields are required.
- Each NAEOP Project Membership is allowed up to two (2) nominations per award.
- Nominations will only be accepted from current NAEOP project members only; membership will be confirmed by the FON Scholarship Committee.
- If you have questions or need additional information regarding NAEOP & FON scholarships contact Glenda Landon or call her at (360)416-7763.
- Be ready to upload all required documents. Review the required materials for each award to be prepared with required information and material when submitting nominations.