FON scholarships and awards opportunities are a direct benefit of your TRIO program’s annual membership in NAEOP. Nominations will only be accepted from program’s who have current paid membership. Current membership will be verified with the NAEOP Treasurer. Each NAEOP Project Membership is allowed up to two (2) nominations for this scholarship.
Apply Now: Pearl M. Hill online application
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Award: This $1,000.00 scholarship is awarded to three (number of students awarded is based on amount of funds raised) current or former TRIO Upward Bound students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, civic engagement and commitment to higher education.
- Candidate must be a current or former TRIO Upward Bound project participant for a minimum of one year from Region X (AK, ID, OR and WA).
- Candidates must be high school juniors or seniors at time of application
- Exhibit those qualities which indicate outstanding leadership ability, civic involvement and commitment to higher education
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above from the most recent educational institution attended
Required Application Documents:
- Online nomination form submitted by TRIO project director or their designated TRIO staff member.
- Up to two pages, single spaced, personal statement addressing the following:
- Upward Bound participation
- Career and education goals
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Financial need
- List of activities demonstrating outstanding leadership in civic engagement, school activities and commitment to higher education (i.e., community service, volunteering, clubs, organizations)
- Academic Transcripts (high school and college)
*One (1) letter of support from the TRIO nominator
*NOTE: Due to the unusual circumstances surrounding the impact of COVID19, this year there will be no requirement for a second letter of support from a teacher, advisor, or community person that is knowledgeable of candidate's leadership.
- Optional: Other letters of support, certificates/awards, news items, etc.
Be ready to upload all required documents when the application process is started. Partial entries are not saved.