As Past-President and chair of the Election Committee, I am tasked with the responsibility of NAEOP Board Elections. We are having a special election for TRIO Alumni Partner. Nominations will be accepted between Tuesday, October 19 and Friday, October 29 at midnight.
The following description of the Alumni Partner board position comes from the NAEOP bylaws:
The TRIO Alumni Partner shall:
- Be elected by the membership for a term of 1 year and is a voting member of the NAEOP Board of Directors. They may be re-elected at the pleasure of the membership.
- Have participated in a TRIO program at some point in their lifetime and have earned a post-secondary degree.
- Participate on the annual NAEOP conference planning committee for events related to alumni.
- Establish and maintain regional alumni network by serving as a liaison to state alumni chairs. Collaborate with the Government Relations/Communications Chair regarding policy seminar activities and local advocacy efforts.
- Build or amend a sustainable plan for state and regional alumni activities which align with the NAEOP strategic plan. Propose this the plan to the NAEOP board to finalize an annual plan for approval.
*The TRIO Alumni Partner’s term of office begins on December 1.
To nominate someone for this position, click on the “Submit a nomination” button below. On the form, you will be asked to enter the nominee’s name and contact information. Once the nomination is received, the committee will contact nominees to confirm their interest and to gather additional information for the upcoming vote.
The call for nominations will run through Friday, October 29th.
Feel free to reach out to email@example.com directly with questions or if you need any additional information about this nomination process.