FON scholarships and awards opportunities are a direct benefit of your TRIO program’s annual membership in NAEOP. Nominations will only be accepted from program’s who have current paid membership. Current membership will be verified with the NAEOP Treasurer. Each NAEOP Project Membership is allowed one (1) nomination for this scholarship
Apply Now: Larry and Jeanine Jones Memorial Scholarship Application
Award: The Larry and Jeanine Jones Memorial Scholarship was established in honor of the founders of Career Key, now based in the Pacific Northwest. The Friends of NAEOP will award one (1) $5,000 scholarship annually in 2023 and 2024 to a current or former TRIO participant of a NAEOP TRIO Project in Region X (AK, ID, OR, and WA). Recipient must be both first-generation and low income and have demonstrated a high potential for college and career success.
- Candidate must be both a first-generation and low-income current or former TRIO participant of a NAEOP TRIO Project. First-generation and low-income status verified by nominating project.
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution beginning no later than Fall 2023 (includes graduate level).
- Must have a 2.75 minimum GPA
- Recipient must be able to attend the 2023 Friends of NAEOP Luncheon in Boise, ID on October 9th. All travel, meals, and lodging expenses will be paid for by Friends of NAEOP.
Required Application Documents:
- Online nomination form submitted by TRIO project director or their designated TRIO staff member.
- One (1) letter of nomination by a NAEOP TRIO staff
- Project staff verification of low-income and first-generation status
- Academic transcripts (Not required for EOC candidates, but must contact the FON Scholarship Coordinator before submitting an application.)
- Response to Essay Question #1, maximum length one page, single-spaced:
- Describe your academic and professional goals and your plans for achieving them (if you are undecided, you may write about the possibilities that currently appeal to you).
- What motivated you to choose these goals?
- What gives you confidence that these goals are a good fit for you?
- Response to Essay Question #2, maximum length one page, single-spaced:
- What is an accomplishment you worked hard for and are especially proud of?
- What obstacles did you overcome to achieve it?
- Describe the growth and learning that you gained from this experience, and explain how it still impacts your actions and/or values today.
- If high school senior at time of application proof of enrollment in a higher education institution will be required prior to awarding of scholarship funds.
All submitted documents must be in PDF format. Be ready to upload all required documents when the application process is started. Partial entries are not saved.