FON scholarships and awards opportunities are a direct benefit of your TRIO program’s annual membership in NAEOP. Nominations will only be accepted from program’s who have current paid membership. Current membership will be verified with the NAEOP Treasurer. Each NAEOP Project Membership is allowed up to two (2) nominations for this scholarship.
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Award: This $1,500.00 scholarship will be awarded up to nine (9) (number of students awarded is based on amount of funds raised) TRIO participants who have overcome barriers to achieve outstanding academic success.
- Candidates must be a current or former TRIO participant for a minimum of one year from Region X (AK, ID, OR and WA), and be either a current college student or will be a freshman in the upcoming academic year.
- ETS/UB candidates must be high school juniors or seniors at time of application.
- EOC participants shall be exempt from the one year of participation qualification, but must have completed a minimum of one service during the most recent academic year.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above from the most recent educational institution attended. (EOC candidates will be exempt from providing transcripts and meeting the GPA 3.0 requirement. A scoring adjustment will be applied to EOC applications in order for all scores to be weighed equally.)
Required Application Documents:
- Online nomination form submitted by TRIO project director or their designated TRIO staff member.
- One-page essay, single spaced, by candidate addressing the following:
- How participating in a TRIO project has impacted their educational goals
- Barriers to educational success or obstacles they have overcome
- *One (1) letter of support from the TRIO nominator (*NOTE: Due to the continuing unusual circumstances surrounding the impact of COVID19, again this year there will be no requirement for a second letter of support from a teacher, advisor, or community person that is knowledgeable of candidate’s leadership.)
- Academic transcripts
Be ready to upload all required documents when the application process is started. Partial entries are not saved.