FON scholarships and awards opportunities are a direct benefit of your TRIO program’s annual membership in NAEOP. Nominations will only be accepted from program’s who have current paid membership. Current membership will be verified with the NAEOP Treasurer.
Deadline: May 31st, 2018
Award: This $1,500.00 scholarship is awarded to up to nine (number of students awarded is based on amount of funds raised) TRIO students who have overcome barriers to achieve outstanding academic success.
- Candidate must be a current or former TRIO participant for a minimum of one year from Region X (AK, ID, OR and WA).
- ETS/UB candidates must be high school juniors or seniors at time of application.
- EOC participants shall be exempt from the one year of participation qualification, but must have completed a minimum of one service during the most recent academic year.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above from the most recent educational institution attended.
Required Application Documents:
- Online nomination form submitted by TRIO project director or their designated TRIO staff member.
- One-page essay, single spaced, by candidate addressing the following:
- How participating in a TRIO project has impacted their educational goals
- Barriers to educational success or obstacles they have overcome
- Two (2) letters of support:
- One letter from the TRIO nominator
- One letter from a non-TRIO person
Be ready to upload all required documents when the application process is started. Partial entries are not saved.