FON scholarships and awards opportunities are a direct benefit of your TRIO program’s annual membership in NAEOP. Nominations will only be accepted from program’s who have current paid membership. Current membership will be verified with the NAEOP Treasurer. Each NAEOP Project Membership is allowed one (1) nomination for this scholarship
Apply Now: Dr. Gabriel Gallardo Memorial Scholarship Application
Deadline: May 31, 2023
Award: This $1,000.00 scholarship is awarded to one TRIO student who is a participant in a McNair Scholars program or has plans to pursue graduate school.
- Candidate must be a current or former TRIO participant from Region X (AK, ID, OR, and WA)
- Has significantly benefitted from NAEOP TRIO project services
- Is currently a participant in a McNair Scholars program or has plans to pursue graduate school
Required Application Documents:
- Online nomination form submitted by TRIO project director or their designated TRIO staff member.
- One-page letter of recommendation from the nominating TRIO project summarizing accomplishments
- One-page personal statement, single spaced, by candidate addressing the following:
- How participating in a TRIO project has impacted their educational goals
- How they have developed their talents, discovered their own voice and personal potential in their pursuit of a graduate degree. Statement must provide sufficient information for the Dr. Gabriel Gallardo Memorial Scholarship Selection Committee to conduct a meaningful evaluation of the candidate’s qualifications.
All submitted documents must be in PDF format. Be ready to upload all required documents when the application process is started. Partial entries are not saved.