Deadline: May 31st, 2017
Award: Friends of NAEOP's outstanding financial efforts have again allowed for the NAEOP community to nominate outstanding TRIO students (in UB, ETS, EOC, SSS, or McNair) for this award. Up to nine TRIO students who have overcome barriers to achieve outstanding academic success will be selected by the FON committee to receive an award of $1500.00 each.
- Candidates must be a current or former TRIO participant for a minimum of one year.
- ETS/UB candidates must be incoming college freshman for fall 2018
- EOC participants shall be exempt from the one year of participation qualification, but must have completed a minimum of one service during the most recent academic year
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above from most recent educational institution attended
Required Application Materials:
- Online nomination form submitted by TRIO project director.
- One page essay by candidate addressing the following: (1) how participating in a TRIO project has impacted his/her educational goals and (2) barriers to educational success or obstacles he/she has overcome.
- Two (2) letters of support: one from the TRIO nominator and the other from a non-TRIO person.
Travel policy for FON Scholastic Achievement Award Recipients:
- FON provides money for these scholarships and will also provide a small stipend to offset the recipient's travel costs allowing them to attend the annual NAEOP Conference. Family and friends of the recipient are invited to attend, but are entirely responsible for their own expenses.
- NAEOP will allow for travel assistance as well. Please contact Glenda Landon or call at 360-416-7763 for more information.
Application: Click on the following link to apply for the Friends of NAEOP Scholastic Achievement Award: FON Scholastic Achievement Award online application